Advantages for the Corporate Buyer
1. Reduce Scope 3 Emissions
Emissions reductions through the purchase of sustainable products along the supply chain advance your company towards corporate sustainability commitments.
2. Farmers’ Sustainablity
Motivate change throughout agriculture by supporting climate-friendly rice cultivation that is often financially inaccessible.
3. Increased Price-Point
Position your company as an industry leader by supporting sustainable food production with AgriCapture Certified Climate-Friendly Rice.
Why make the switch?
- Climate-friendly rice cultivation mulches rice straw back into the ground and minimizes flooding organic matter.
- This avoids emissions from burning, reduces methanogenesis, and increases soil organic carbon up to 0.5 mtCO2e/acre.
- A pilot project with McKaskle Family Farm demonstrated a 72% reduction in methane emissions relative to the state average.
- Field burning to remove excess rice straw after harvest releases greenhouse gases.
- Many U.S. farms burn their fields.
- Straw burning causes community pollution and decreases lung function.
- Flooding rice straw and rice stubble causes methanogenesis, releasing potent methane emissions.